Hello,I have been interested in a rolling block to build a hunting rifle in.I would like something in 45-70,but from the info I gather from this and other sites is the rolling block should be loaded to black powder pressures only say 300gr bullet @ 1400?better safe than sorry right, But then I see numerous rolling blocks with numrich barrel conversions in calibers such as .444 marlin(see martini/hagn site)An example of a .444 marlin load could be a 275gr@2250,so why wouldnt it be safe to fire a 400gr 45-70 @ say 1800 with a rolling block rebarreled with modern barrel(RB in good condition obviously) both loads(according to my cartriges of the world book)generate approx. the same energy.I'm pretty sure numrich didnt sell the .444 barrel kit with the intentions of the owner loading to B.P. pressures nor do I think they would sell a dangerous item,then again they no longer sell these conversions...maby I just answered my own question!!I should mention martini/hagn said the rolling block was built like a vault and could handle the .444 marlin safley. With there experience, I tend to belive what they say.Basicaly,I would like to buy a remington made rolling block and re-barrel it with a modern barrel chambered in 45-70,and would like to load a 300gr@ about 1800fps.Is this safe to do or not???PS please excuse any mistakes in load info,I have NO experience in reloading and why I am asking here!


















































