I acquired this Remington in a trade two years ago. It had been converted (poorly) to .22LR by sleeving the original barrel and converting the block to rimfire. The action was in good shape though, as was the wood, so I decided to restore this pistol back to something more fitting. As it had already been altered, I figured it would not harm the value anymore, and I would like to make it functional again.
I started with a new barrel, profiled to match the original, and chambered in 38 Special. I then sourced a replacement breach block. The receiver cross pins were machined from strong modern material, the vast majority of internal screws etc. were remade, the receiver was recase colour hardened by Oskar Kob, a new extractor was built from scratch and timed properly, and new sights were also fabricated. The wood was left original, as it still retains a large amount of finish.
I started with a new barrel, profiled to match the original, and chambered in 38 Special. I then sourced a replacement breach block. The receiver cross pins were machined from strong modern material, the vast majority of internal screws etc. were remade, the receiver was recase colour hardened by Oskar Kob, a new extractor was built from scratch and timed properly, and new sights were also fabricated. The wood was left original, as it still retains a large amount of finish.
Last edited:


















































