Rolling block shooting

flintyboom

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Successful first outing with my new Pedersoli rolling block.
I was truly shocked by the accuracy. I thought it would take months to find a decent load, but it shot just slightly over one MOA on the first day!
After shooting this group at 100 yds, I cranked the sight up 54.5 MOA and tried shooting at the pig sillouette lying on it's side on the hill at 500 yds (indicated by the red dot).
I had a friend spotting, and he was shocked when I hit it on the first shot, and two more times in a row!
I'll keep experimenting, but this is great first step.

My load is Starline 45-70 brass with Winchester large rifle primer, 60 grains Hogdon 777, 3/32" grease cookie,
.02 milk carton wad, and Lyman 457125 bullet lubed with Vaseline/beeswax.









 
Back
Top Bottom