Ruger #3 ML conversion

Easyrider

Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I found this website by accident, and thought others might be interested. There is a shop in Anola, MB, that is offering a service installing Green Mountain .50 ML barrels on a variety of rifles, including Ruger #3, #1, 77, and Rem 700. They charge $499 for the barrel, $150 for the conversion work, and you supply the rifle. Not cheap, for sure, but the #1 or #3 make a really logical platform to convert to an inline ML, if that sort of thing appeals to you. He is claiming sub MOA with smokeless powder and 240 grain saboted lead bullets, which they also sell. For the record, I am not now, and never have been interested in inline muzzleloading rifles. If I were, I would much prefer this option to that of a bolt action. Even better, would be a Browning 78 or 1885, just because I love the Hiwall. As always, YMMV.
Their store is called Prbullet, and their website is that plus dot com. I hope I am not in violation of CGN rules by posting that, as they are not sponsors. If I am, I deserve to be shot and pissed on...
Glen
 
I suspect that you could by a new inline for about 1/2 the price of the conversion not counting the rifle you are supplying. Also that way you don't bugger up a perfectly good Ruger

cheers mooncoon
 
All true, Mooncoon. That is the rational response, of course, but we all know that gun nutz do not always make rational choices. The guy does point out that nothing in his conversion buggers up the Ruger. The whole process is reversible. Just passing along information....
 
It is interesting information for sure. Ruger doesn't make a ML any more so changing a No.3 to a ML would be something a true Ruger fan might consider. If it is reversable then even better. Many use the No.1 and No.3 actions for making custom rifles so what is the harm? Good idea. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom