Ruger Old Army at longer distances....

Brutus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
118   0   1
There seems to be more than one or two of us here with these ROAs. How about bragging right here about your target shooting exploits at more than 'normal shooting distances?'
While on this subject, we might as well include any other shootable antique or reproduction cap & ball sixguns. Heck, there has to be someone who has shot the Patriot or another type of single barrelled muzzleloading pistol and had some positive shooting results??

Please post it here folks..........:)
 
Most of my shooting tends to follow this method with the ROA


I wish I had the longer barrel, adjustable sight version as opposed to the glossy fixed sight one. That combined with the ability to hit a cows a$$ with a coal shovel when using a handgun.
 
Hickstick!
You have a great sense of humour friend.

Cheers

Edit: Did you ever try to blacken up the front and rear sights?
One method I use sometimes is using a small scrunched up ball of normal masking tape on the end of a stick of wood or the end of a screwdriver.
Shelter this from the wind and light up this ball of tape with a match and place the sights into the sooty smoke column to darken them.
Of course you keep the unloaded firearm well above the actual flame. lol
This is an old USMC rifle shooting trick.
 
Last edited:
I beleive its a combination of me just shoving unmeasured powder down the chamber using an empty mustard bottle as a flask, with the fact Im to lazy to bother coming up with an accurate load using a combination of powder, cream of wheat or lubricated wads. I have the short barreled half vaquero and half old army model, which is a significant PITA to load compared to a full sized remington/old army due to the shorter lever. I need to make a loading stand so loading will be a more comfortable prospect. That combined with a couple extra cylinders wont leave my palms raw from a days shooting.

Dont think its the arrow thats the problem though, its the indian.

It makes that wild shot that actually hits the can all that more special.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom