Halger280HVMag
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- B.C. XMU Local .454
Recently obtained twins.
I just had to share Eh!
I just had to share Eh!
Stainless? Wise move, what are they .36 caliber and do they use the Ruger hammer transfer bar?
Very nice trio you have there!Welcome to the club
I see your two Rugers & raise you one home built (by me) 44 cap&ball kit![]()
Nice . Have your gunsmith bore the chambers a bit deeper and you can cram more powder in . There are several 'smiths in the USA who specialize in it and the Ruger is so over built it's still safe . Send them your cylinder and it comes back a couple of weeks later . Lots of hunters do it but maybe no point here as we can't hunt with 'em .
Very nice trio you have there!
My twins have a cousin, and the cousin brought a friend!
They share a bore size with the ROA's. They are chambered in .454 Casull.
I've had my ROA since March 2nd, 1986 and have fired a gazillion rounds through it. It is a firm favourite on our 12-a-year guest days, often notching up a couple of hundred rounds in the course of the day. I replaced the nipples last year with a set of exact replicas from Uncle Mikes/Birchwood Casey, from Jim at The Gun Shop in Springfield OR.
I also replaced the rear frame screws, as the nyloc inserts had just about worn out.
Please note, after a long discussion with a delightful young lady at Sturm, Ruger Inc., that there are positively NO spare parts that are not shared with the Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk - include all stainless parts in that. I bought the very last four rear frame screws, BTW, about three years ago.
Enjoy them as long as they last.
tac
Funny you should mention base-pins, since last year a noob forgot to turn the base-pin retaining screw after clearing a stoppage. When he tried to load a ball, the base-pin pushed out and he, with his hand still on the lever, didn't stop pushing down - the result was a bent base-pin where the relieving cut-out is located.
Taking it home, I managed to straighten it out on my bench, using two pieces of palte glass and sme gumption, but then called Ruger in the US to see about ordering a spare anyhow.
There are none, as I noted before.
A local company does small components for aerospace and medical equipment, so I asked them to cost me a small batch, knowing that there were others like me [and Mr Klutz the Base-pin bender]. Using CAD, they offered to make me ten for about $60 each....
Less than ten would be $75 - each.
I said no.
tac
Try BELT MOUNTAIN (stateside) FOR CUSTOM BASEPINS AND OTHER GREAT PARTS FOR THE R.O.A



























