S&B 12 gauge slug review?

The sport ones with the regular load are great through my smoothbore Maverick 88... fairly good accuracy at 50 yrds for me, havent tried the reduced recoil ones.

Not sure on there hunting capacity.. but for target fun there great and economical!
 
I was just shooting some at the range yesterday, recoil is very light, and accuracy is awesome. Standing offhand at 20 yards, three of us were all shooting groups with all holes touching. I am quite impressed.
 
Light recoil slugs are not the best for hunting. I have used them for putting deer down on the side of the road and they most definitely are not even close to the old Imperial special long range slugs we used to use. For hunting with a regular styled slug, the Winchester power point at an honest 1700 fps is a really good slug. I have shot 50 yard groups with holes touching very consistently out of a smooth bore with open sights. They hit like a ton of bricks.
 
Slugs

They are great to shoot and hard to find.

Thanks for the post, I just picked up the last two cases from SFRC today.

Can't wait to start sending the rounds down rage threw the Benelli M4
 
I bought a couple boxes of the 3 inch Sport ones. They are definitely a reduced recoil load. Not sure of the point of having a 3 inch reduced recoil load, but whatever, they shoot fine.
 
Back
Top Bottom