My 38/44 Target arrived as an antique, thanks to those who said "just order it and see what happens". The gun is in great shape, not a mark in the cyl. or bore. (for a black powder load.)
The cartridge is a bit different than I'm used to. The case is full length of the cylinder, and the lead seated in flush with case mouth. Anyone got any info on this?? I hear the brass from 351 Win. auto works.
The 38/44 name comes from a .38 built on the .44 frame, allowing the heavy load. I only want to use original spec loads in the thing.
The cartridge is a bit different than I'm used to. The case is full length of the cylinder, and the lead seated in flush with case mouth. Anyone got any info on this?? I hear the brass from 351 Win. auto works.
The 38/44 name comes from a .38 built on the .44 frame, allowing the heavy load. I only want to use original spec loads in the thing.




























....it's probably not this cartridge !
, we're actually looking at the cartridge called the ".38-44 S&W Gallery Special" !....






















