S&W DA Long Strap rare 4 inch barreled model with long Cylinder.

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
Got my S&W DA in today!
its a rare long strap model shoots 44 russian but has the 1 and 9/16th cylinder.
most have the shorter 1 and 7/ 16ths cylinders
So theses can be set up to shoot 44 sp if i wanted to.
This gun is way to rare and orignal to alter tho.
Is all orignal nickled and has full case colours on the hammer.
I never in 10 years seen one this nice and tight its like new, minty bored to.
I think im gona try and find another cylinder 1 and 9/16th long and set it up in 44 sp so i can have it shoot both calibers but keep the orignal cylinder in 44 russian.
This one is rare because its a 4 inch long strap (long cylinder model) with a target front site all numbers matching, very few of theses were made. :)
Shes a keeper no doubt.

.
P1010027_72.jpg


P1010026_73.jpg


P1010028_71.jpg


P1010030_69.jpg
 
Last edited:
Interesting. I didn't know the 4" barreled ones were rare. I've owned 3 of them now... I sold my last one for $1200

long cylinder models ?
Mine is a long frame model called long straps by some.
Also rare because it has the target front site blade.

There i Edited the frist post for you guys that dont know about the long cylinder S&W DA guns.
Late in the S&W DA run they had a bunch of long cylinders (not chambered) left from there earlier 44 40 runs and decided to use them up in there 44 S&W (44 russian) models instead of useing the shorter 1 and 7/16th cylinders.
Theses guns are refered to as long strap models by most collectors.
Its harder to find theses longer cylinder S&W DAs that are not 44 40.

I need to buy a few hunderd 44 Russian starline cases if you know who sells it up here now please PM me. Thanks
 
Last edited:
It's a Frontier frame in 44 Russian...

Thats a good way to discribe it theses S&W DAs have had alot of diffrent names over the Years.
CFC have changed the antique letter discription 2 or 3 times in 8 years i think.
There now called S&W Top break model 3 frist model or frist model number 3s something like that.
I wanted a rcmp antique letter on this one as theses are not all considered antique by age this one is just under the ser # cut off and makes it tho.

Only the later made higher Ser #ed S&W DAs had the long cylinder (1 and 9/16th) in 44 russian in the longer frontier frame.
 
Those S&W sure are pretty...:redface:...how'd you ever get one out of the Americans' hands ?...:eek:

I mean :yingyang: , the prices they bid-up ""American antiques" to....:wave:....sigh....:(
 
Back
Top Bottom