I bought a Harrington & Richardson 12 gauge single shot 2 3/4 inch. I think the date on it says 1901. I want to use this gun a for farm work. I don't know if it's safe to shoot. Everything appears to be in good order. I fired 2 kent upland games shells through it and everything seemed normal. I don't know how old the shells were because they came with the gun. Should i be using some low pressure or black powder ammo? Is there a ammo on the market for these guns? Also i would like to reload for this gun. Is there any specifications for shot and powder that would be perfect for this gun?
Thanks!
Also i read h & r made there first 12 gauage in 1901, so is this a rare gun?
Thanks!
Also i read h & r made there first 12 gauage in 1901, so is this a rare gun?
Last edited:


















































