Savage 10ml

labrecque

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have a question

Should I remove my charge in my good everynight after hunting if I didn't shot ?

How long can I keep my gun "charge" without primer since I'm not shooting every night it depend if I see a deer

Thanks
 
I've had a Savage ML II for about 15 years that I keep loaded with 5744 all through the ML season here in SK. I load it at the beginning of the season, take it in and out of the house and reload after every shot until the season ends or I shoot a deer. Then I clean it and put it away until next year, it's never failed to go bang when I pull the trigger.
 
I like to hunt with a fouled barrel to ensure the first shot goes to the point of aim. All of the guns I own put the first shot out of a clean barrel to a different point of impact. In fact one of my 17 Remington's needs 3 shots before it settles down and consistently puts the bullet in the same spot. Then it groups around .05 moa if I do my part.

To answer your question re miss fires and humidity I haven't had an issue with smokeless powder in all types of weather conditions with my Savage ML II. I also have several black powder only muzzle loaders and haven't had an issue with them. Having said that I don't like to let a firearm I've shot with BP or loaded with Black Powder or a substitute for more than a day because of corrosion. So at the end day I shoot them, clean them, oil them and the next day I pop a couple caps then load and foul the barrel before the hunt starts.
 
Back
Top Bottom