Savage MKII mag release. UPDATE, I made one!!

I would just drill a hole or two in that 'release' for 'anchoring', then "Make" an extension with JB-weld. I've done some Sav-64s in a similar manner, altho the 64 has a Much thicker release-tab. I was able to put a piece of coat-hanger into a hole, then add the JB to make it more convenient. I coulda been more 'tidy' I guess, but it's worked for about 10 years now. On one a couple years ago I didn't add the JB, just 'curled' the end back on itself but No Pics of that one. I also filed open the mag well and bottom metal to make it easier to 'hit the well'.

Sav-64-mag-well-opened.jpg
 
I recently did 3D scope mounts for a Eddystone (M1917) for an older Swarovski scope with rail. I had them laser wintered in stainless but titanium is also an option.

I could maybe scratch something up and either put for order on here from sendcutsend for laser cut or a larger group buy from PCBway.

Would need specs, parts to create file from etc though if anyone has that..

Sendcutsend can create a link and you just buy directly from them single piece at a time.

Here is the stainless before powder coat and the 3D printed plastic prototype

Edit: if someone is serious enough about this to get me parts or accurate sketches to create a 3D model from send a message.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8023.jpeg
    IMG_8023.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7960.jpeg
    IMG_7960.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just curious:

We could redesign and do lower one piece bottom metal… in that case could also oversize the trigger guard.

I think for basically a knock off of the ATRS design, if I order 3D laser sintered stainless I’d be guessing at about $75-100 each for their design for an order sized at 10 or more. Would get powder coated or did that at home.

For a larger unit that would include an oversized and integrated trigger probably in the $130-160 CAD each for an order of about 10.

If I could do this with laser or water jet cut steel and no machining I could probably cut the price down 70% of that. Would just mean using fasteners etc. also easier for single or low quantity orders as opposed to group buys, which have never really worked out for me.

If anyone has the parts in Calgary and are willing to lend them for me to use to template the parts in AutoCad, and would be willing to try some 3D printed plastic parts for development (and then to keep) please send a message
 
Back
Top Bottom