Savage ML II Hex head breech plugs

powdergun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Has anyone bought one of the new hex head breech plug for the savage ml II's ? Just wondering how they fit and if there were any issues.

Thanks
 
The breech plugs arrived. The seem to fit just fine. I have not shot the gun but I popped off a couple of primers and everything fits and head spaces well.
Also, each breech plug came with a new vent liner.

I'm happy.
 
The breech plugs arrived. The seem to fit just fine. I have not shot the gun but I popped off a couple of primers and everything fits and head spaces well.
Also, each breech plug came with a new vent liner.

I'm happy.

Can you tell us where you got them? I'm looking for some vent liners and a breech plug or two.
 
Powdergun seems to be pretty quiet on his source(s) - inquirying minds...

This Canadian company seems to have custom made liners available. Don't know if they are as good as they say. They sure talk up their products however. Might have Savage plugs too - I'd ask.

I've bought various MMP sabots from them in the past with no issues.

ht tp://prbullet.com/vl.htm

Also MidsouthSS have the OEM liners for 5.25 - no indication they won't ship but you would have to check.
 
I would be happy to post the source I am unsure if I am allowed to post the email/link of the source.
If I can't post it then just send me a PM.
 
A PM is good - thanks.
Of course no one has to post their supplier source - but if you want to, just give the link to their website with a space between the http tag - as I did immediately above for a non sponsoring seller.

That meets the forum rules in all cases I know of. It's just the HOT linking to a non sponsor that is banned.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom