Savage MLII value

tactical870

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
So about 5 years ago I purchased a second Savage MLII for a woman. The woman is long gone, but the MLII remains. I can't justify owning 2, and my hunting partner wants to own it, so I need to come up with a reasonable market value. I've seen these selling for stupid amounts in the past, and want to make sure I get the best deal I can as I have my new NEA 102 on it's way. It's the base model, blued synthetic with a Bushnell Trophy DOA 4-12 in Burris ZEE rings. Low round count in exceptional condition. Any thoughts?
 
What did you pay when you bought it? How good a friend is he?
Do you want full market value from your hunting buddy?
I paid $650 for my stainless gun with a 3-9 Trophy XLT on it and all the powders, bullets, sabots and primers and other kit he had. That's about 6 years ago.
 
What did you pay when you bought it? How good a friend is he?
Do you want full market value from your hunting buddy?
I paid $650 for my stainless gun with a 3-9 Trophy XLT on it and all the powders, bullets, sabots and primers and other kit he had. That's about 6 years ago.

Yes he's a good friend, but I need to see market value from the gun. He won on the last one. ;) Stainless are selling well over $1000 US on GB
 
With the advancement of powder like Blackhorn 209 and the issues of safety I dont see the big appeal to a Savage ML II anymore. Ive owned 2 and found them really heavy but loved the easy of not having to clean between shots. I now shoot TC and blackhorn..love the combo, accurate, light and easy to clean/load. Good luck getting $1000 US for a used ML II

Cheers!!
 
Tough to say. Like you said they have went nuts price lately, I just don't know what price they need to be at to actually sell.
 
Back
Top Bottom