SAVAGE Mod. 10ML-II

weimajack

Trader
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 99.5%
2250   11   6
Anybody have some experience with SAVAGE Mod. 10ML-II muzzle loading rifle.

Savage recommend for this rifle 3 kinds of smokeless powders.

IMR-SR4759 (43 grains)
Accurate Arms XMP-5744 (44 grains)
Vihtavuori N110 (42 grains)

Do you think IMR 4227 should be an alternative?

Thanks
 
I tried IMR 4227 with less than favorable results . I am presently ussing IMR-SR 4759 with very good results. My current load is 46 gr of IMR-SR 4759 behind a 300gr 45cal Hornady FTX SST ML with MMP high preasure Sabots. I found that my 10ML-II is very fussy about the amount of powder it likes as I think they all are. my freind has the same gun and his sweet spot is 44.5 gr using the same bullet and powder and primers (Federal no. 209A shotshell primers) both our guns will shoot a five shot group with all the holes touching at 100 yrds. Just remember as with any load start off with less powder and work your way up .5 gr of poweder at a time. I hope this helps
 
I'm using SR4759, 43 grains pushing a 250 grain bullet. Either SST's in the pink sabots or XTP's in the black sabots. I think I prefer the XTP's in black sabots. All my shots on deer are between 80 and 120 yards and its very effective and accurate.
 
I had trouble with plastic fouling from the sabots when I used the smokeless. It shot well, but I just went to the Triple7 powder,300gr. Hornady bullets, MMP sabots.

This Savage10ML2 shot well,but, paled in comparison (ease of loading,accuracy,& not picky about charge volumes/weights)to my T/C Pro Hunter.

I sold it two years later. The guy really likes it.
 
Just try this Savage rifle this afternoon.

Winchester 209 primer.

SR-4759 powder (43.0 Grs)

Hornady High Velocity sabots

Hornady Cal. .45 300 Grs HP/XTP bullets

SUPER!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody have ever try this load in a Thompson Center "ENCORE" rifle?
 
The stock encore isn't intended for smokeless loads. Stick to manufacturers recommended loads only.
If you like shooting the heavier 300 gr bullets, try slower powders such as H4198 @ 65 grs. or 10 X from 60 -65 grs. the pressure spike is much less than the faster burning powders.
 
Just try this Savage rifle this afternoon.

Winchester 209 primer.

SR-4759 powder (43.0 Grs)

Hornady High Velocity sabots

Hornady Cal. .45 300 Grs HP/XTP bullets

SUPER!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody have ever try this load in a Thompson Center "ENCORE" rifle?

Getting good accuray? Mine is very consistent at 100 yards.
 
Back
Top Bottom