Seeking info on 243 adapter to shoot 22 rimfire

I can't see such a thing made. How are you going to fire a .22 cal down a 6mm pipe??

that's why it is called an adaptor. We used to have .22 adaptors for the FNC1 and that was a 7.62X51 NATO. There is a tube that inserts into the rifle's barrel and that becomes your .22 barrel. They worked great. If anyone can find one for a .243 to .22LR, then I'd be in for one.
 
Many years ago I bought some adapters that allowed firing .22's in a .223.
They looked like long .223 cartridges but came apart to insert & eject .22's.

But they were the same bore diameter. Never heard of them for a .243 .
 
Probably won't be all that accurate due to the looseness down the pipe, but considering the relatively low pressure of the 22LR vs the 243 I don't see any credible dangers involved.

Trying to wrap my brain around how you will work around the small, but significant problem of the firing pin however (rimfire and centerfire firing pin function is completely different).
 
These guys, Stateside(Alaska), make an insert. Very short .22 barrel that fits in your rifle. Not horribly expensive either. Don't know if they'll or can ship to Canada.
No chamber insert will work.
http://www.mcace.com/rifleinserts.html
"...the firing pin..." Part of the adaptation. Uses a a centerfire to rimfire plug.
 
I seem to remember an outfit here in Canada that sleeved the barrel and had a chamber insert of sorts. I believe it was all one piece too. The company advertised in Canadian Access or The Gunrunner for years.
 
Inserts were very popular in Europe especially in Germany, Austria and such countries. I believe they are now prohibited. They used them for hunting smaller game while on big game hunts.

W.
 
Try the Hammond Game Getter. Machined brass insert for chamber thet you insert a Hilti blank and a pressed 00buck slug. Yea I know. But it works. I have one for my .300 WinMag and it works. Allows me to shoot gouse and rabbits from my big rifle while hunting big game and not having to carry 2 rifles. Better than shooting a grouse with a .300. Not much left and scares everything for a mile. His site is w w w.gamegetter.ca out of edmonton and he is a heck of a nice guy to deal with.
 
A few folks in the US make a .22 adapter that fits in your single shot rifle and it is inserted in your rifle and runs full length of the outer,orig. barrel, it is made for using .22s in your .45/70.
 
Back
Top Bottom