A friend who has inherited this revolver brought it to me to see if we could find out what it was. My research leads me to believe it is what was know as a Figure 8 Navy made by either Savage or a company called Savage & North. It is a 36 caliber revolver with serial number 2758. A star precedes the serial number. He tells me it came to Canada generations ago when the family moved from the USA.
I don't know how to rate the condition of this antique. It still works, when cocked the cylinder rotates and lines up correctly. The nipples are worn from what I suspect was dry firing. I believe if it was loaded and a cap attached it would still fire. The only thing missing that I am aware of is the little brass post that was a front sight.
The gun will stay in the family but if any of you fellows knowledgeable in this sort of firearm could offer an opinion as to condition and value it would be nice to know.
Thanking you in advance,
Peter
I don't know how to rate the condition of this antique. It still works, when cocked the cylinder rotates and lines up correctly. The nipples are worn from what I suspect was dry firing. I believe if it was loaded and a cap attached it would still fire. The only thing missing that I am aware of is the little brass post that was a front sight.
The gun will stay in the family but if any of you fellows knowledgeable in this sort of firearm could offer an opinion as to condition and value it would be nice to know.
Thanking you in advance,
Peter


















































