Seller wont ship to Canada, need US dealer ect.

Tyockell18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Location
Not really sure.
Hey everyone,

I want to purchase a antique revolver but seller wont ship to Canada, are there any afforable options?.

This particular piece I want and probably wont see another one for awhile.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
There is a guy in North Dakota, at Dunsieth, I think, who provides a service for Canadian internet buyers. He takes delivery of the item, and you pick it up in person at his place. He charges a modest fee (like $5 or something) and you take it across the border however you choose. It's a long way from Saskatoon, I know, but there may be similar services in other border towns.
 
I think he may ask for somebody who will receive AND ship it to him for a smaller fee than the usual $125 most companies are asking. Who wants to make a trip across the boarder and have the hassle with the friendly customs people every time?

But on another note, I bought one antique in the US and it seems as if it sits in customs for a long period of time, like 10 to 14 days. Crazy, any way to avoid this? Even small parts are taking very long to clear customs right now.
 
You could try Darren at Saskatoon Gun Works who imported the XDm's or Jason at Hurricane Butterfly Research.
 
You could try Darren at Saskatoon Gun Works who imported the XDm's or Jason at Hurricane Butterfly Research.


Probably not worth it for a $300 rimfire. I think he is looking at that one:

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=223490678

I have one just like that, neat little gun, but you may have to proof pre 1898 as they were made up to 1914.

On another note, many of those rimfires are a ##### as they are very hard to ####. This one is no exception.
 
Probably not worth it for a $300 rimfire. I think he is looking at that one:

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=223490678

I have one just like that, neat little gun, but you may have to proof pre 1898 as they were made up to 1914.

On another note, many of those rimfires are a ##### as they are very hard to ####. This one is no exception.

Nope not the one, it has the caliber on the left side of the barrel as well so likely a no go.

Already owned 3 young america bulldogs anyway, they are fun but too small for my hands and yeah they are quite crude in the mechanism.

Yeah I'm looking for someone to recieve it and reship it too me, I'll have to keep looking around.
 
If I am interested in an antique on GB and the ad states that the seller doesn't ship internationally I contact them and ask them if they would consider shipping to Canada. I explain that, as in the U.S., the antique doesn't require a permit or license to own or ship cross border. You would be surprised how many positive responses I get.
 
I'v already done the above and sadly they just will not do it.

I want the gun though and dont much care about extra fees so long as I get it, so I just need to know who to contact on the matter.

If it cost me 125 bucks so be it I guess.
 
Ugh - $125 for putting a box in the mail.... yech.

Absolutely sure you don't know anyone in the states that'll accept and remail a package for you?

(Only thing being that after being mailed twice in a standard USPS box with tracking etc etc etc it'll be getting up close to $100 anyways.)
 
Ugh - $125 for putting a box in the mail.... yech.

Absolutely sure you don't know anyone in the states that'll accept and remail a package for you?

(Only thing being that after being mailed twice in a standard USPS box with tracking etc etc etc it'll be getting up close to $100 anyways.)

Yeah I don't really have anyone I can call. I still gotta find an importer though, questar wants 700 plus.... :kickInTheNuts:
 
try Leroys guns in montana if you can't find him I'll see if I can dig up his # better yet get a box # in Havre ship it there then drive down and pic it up .
 
try Leroys guns in montana if you can't find him I'll see if I can dig up his # better yet get a box # in Havre ship it there then drive down and pic it up .

After fuel for my truck at $1.25 a litre and customs hassels its not even worth the aggravation, may as well just get it mailed.
 
Leroy and Denise Tiffany
Leroy's Big Valley Guns
Glasgow, Montana
(406) 228-4867
leroygun@nemontel.net

They were talking about retiring but have been talking about that for the last 5 years that I have known them. They used to charge $75 a gun. Obviously things change so ask. They also travel to Alberta regularly and may be talked to dropping your package into the mail from Canada if they take it over the border for you.

MOST EXPORTERS WANT AN ANTIQUE LETTER

I put that in caps to warn you: I have an FFL in Delaware (no, I won't post his name) who will take these shipments for me, but he wants the antique letter from the RCMP before he puts the gun into the mail. He has trained his local post office to accept antique handguns -- normally, firearms can't travel by USPS.

If the OP wants, since I know and like him, I could call my FFL and ask him if he wants more of this type of "business". You can't really charge enough, and he does it for me for a favor. I find him parts for other projects or get him to do paying work for me, and occasionally I send an antique his way. The last one that passed through his hands he was very anxious about, since he didn't have ammo to test fire the pistol with, to ensure it was OK. There are lots of such fellows down South of us, you just have to look.
 
Not related, but good for a chuckle. Bought a Metford out of Canada years ago. Instead of the rifle, I got a letter from customs that I had to file an import request.
I called them stating that it's an ANTIQUE,and don't need no stinking import form just look at the date on the reciever. Oh, we thought that was the model number! They then released it.
 
Back
Top Bottom