Sellier & Bellot 9mm

I just tried resizing some of the RUAG cases. Sure enough, the decapping pin punches right through and enlarges the flash hole; it just takes more effort. I also tested primer seating with used primers, and there was no difficulty.

Given the extra force required for sizing (and assuming a progressive press), I think it best to run them through the press just to size/deprime/enlarge flash holes for the first go around and then load them. Subsequent reloadings should be just like any other case once the flash hole is enlarged.
 
Yur right. Just be sure to check or clean the primer pocket after punching thru as you may fine sprues etc protruding from the newly formed flash hole. These can affect the seating process and the primer ignition of they end up covering the hole again. Other than the teeny flash hole, it is xlnt brass.
Cheers
dB
 
Back
Top Bottom