In his book Remington Army and Navy Revolvers 1861-1888 the late Donald Ware wrote "Serial numbers are always found in three locations on army and navy models: on the left grip frame, on the bottom of the barrel, and on the bottom of the tab of the trigger guard.
I see no reason why this would not be true for other model revolvers being manufactured by Remington during the same time period.
I had occasion to check the tab of the trigger guard on the two Remington revolvers that I own and this is what I found.
Remington Model 1863 New Model Army revolver.



Remington-Rider DA New Model Belt revolver—circa 1863-65.



S/n 819 written in pencil on the inside of the left grip.

David
I see no reason why this would not be true for other model revolvers being manufactured by Remington during the same time period.
I had occasion to check the tab of the trigger guard on the two Remington revolvers that I own and this is what I found.
Remington Model 1863 New Model Army revolver.



Remington-Rider DA New Model Belt revolver—circa 1863-65.



S/n 819 written in pencil on the inside of the left grip.

David


















































