Sharps 1859 4-barrel questions and help asked.

lefaucheux

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Netherlands
Dear fellow gun enthusiasts,

I ask some assistance with this little pistol.
Recently I bought this nice Sharps 1a four barrel pistol. A small derringer style in 22.short, made from 1859 till 1974.
Looks well made and very interesting technique.

P1070181_zps7e9e1f7e.jpg


P1070182_zps8fc96dd2.jpg


P1070183_zpsbf8f856a.jpg


P1070185_zps342afbee.jpg


P1070184_zps33283e8f.jpg


What I have is in good condition but the problem is what I don't have.
It is missing some parts, the trigger with trigger spring, rotating firing pin with spring and screws. The hammer is broken. The trigger pin is broken, looks like the trigger broke out.
Someone really did something strange. The main spring I have.
Also the grips are quite good, but not the same. The right side looks correct to me, so i need to find such left side.

Who knows more about these Sharps pistols? It's serial number is 23176, I hope someone can tell the date of manufacturing?
And who has good tips were to ask for the missing parts? If any forum members have parts to sell, let me know.
If someone would be able to measure all parts, all dimensions needed, I would happily pay for such favor. Then I would be able to make the parts myself.
But first I try to locate original parts.

Jeroen
 
Yes, it's a rotating firing pin. Real nice system, works with a hand like a revolver. Later models had the rotating firingpin in the frame, this 22 has it on the hammer.
 
Yes, it's a rotating firing pin. Real nice system, works with a hand like a revolver. Later models had the rotating firingpin in the frame, this 22 has it on the hammer.

Was the firing pin rotated by hand or did it rotate automatically when you cocked the hammer? I think that I have seen a sharps 4 barrel but I also think that the one I saw had the firing pin mounted in the frame. Re the grips, they seem to fit the gun so well that I suspect maybe both are original. Certainly the right side does match the engraving pattern

cheers mooncoon
 
The firingpin rotates automaticly by a small hand like in a revolver. And correct, both grips are originals, onlu not the same. And I think the right side looks best but i would be pleased with both styles.
 
Back
Top Bottom