Sharps Borchardt

gunlaker

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Does anyone else shoot a Sharps Borchardt out there? I shot an original Borchardt (reworked and chambered in .45-2.4") in NRA long range black powder competitions last year.

There was a nice one for sale on the EE earlier this year. I wonder if it ever sold?

Chris.
 
I sold my original Bourchardt here on the exchange last year .It shot very well,i have 7 x45-70 military rifles and 2 or 3 50-70,just needed the cash for another purchase.
My friend still shoots his in our local military shoot once a month.
 
At one time Shiloh was thinking of making a reproduction, but they went down the 1877 road instead. I was all ready to place an order :).

The one for sale on the EE that I saw was not actually an original, but a reproduction of a Borchardt Creedmoor model in .45-90 built by Argus Barker. I was seriously thinking of buying it but the seller had no feedback and it was a lot of money to send to a stranger 3000 miles away. It was a very beautiful rifle.

Mine was built from an original sporter ( surprising that they didn't start with a military model due to the relative rarity of the sporters ). It was put together by Curt Hardcastle with some work done at the Borchardt Rifle Company and a few others. I shot my best 1000 yard target with that rifle. I don't shoot it as much as my Shiloh Sharps rifles these days, mostly due to the availability of spare parts.

Chris.
 
Hey Chris a buddy of mine has one but the bore size looks funny, ie .50 diameter?? The markings on the barrel look original, plus I think there is a small knurled rib running down the barrel. It might be a turn of the century bubba job :p Last time I talked to him it wasn’t for sale but I’ll try to find more info if you want.

John
 
Hey Chris a buddy of mine has one but the bore size looks funny, ie .50 diameter?? The markings on the barrel look original, plus I think there is a small knurled rib running down the barrel. It might be a turn of the century bubba job :p Last time I talked to him it wasn’t for sale but I’ll try to find more info if you want.

John

Thanks John. I'm not really looking for any new rifles these days, although that particular Borchardt was a serious temptation.

I think my next, and maybe last, single shot I buy will be one last Shiloh Sharps 1874, chambered in .45-100 so I can match the load I use in my current Borchardt.

Chris.
 
Hey, I just bought my last Ruger #1 about a month ago. I got another one, my absolutely last one, which just arrived yesterday. My positively absolutely last one is currently in the mail on its way to me. :)

I have only the one C.Sharps; no plans to get another...
 
Hey, I just bought my last Ruger #1 about a month ago. I got another one, my absolutely last one, which just arrived yesterday. My positively absolutely last one is currently in the mail on its way to me. :)

I have only the one C.Sharps; no plans to get another...

Ha that's funny :). I kind of like the Ruger #1's too, although mostly I like the older stuff.

Chris.
 
Back
Top Bottom