Sharps Borchardt

griaguns

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Its amazing what shows up on this island we call home.I just bought a Sharps Borchardt 1881 military from a fellow gun nut that had been modified in a minor way .It showed up at the Victoria gunshow and has made it home.Now I need a replacement fore stock(no big deal I have a pattern) and a couple of barrel bands and maybe a nose cap to put it back to original.Overall it is in great shape and is a welcome member of my single shot collection.Would any one know of spare pats or someone who could do some casting of the barrel band as I have access to originals (they are part of a friends rifle and I cant steal them (borrow them maybe)).Graham
 
Borchardt

I called Borchardt and talked to the owner.He informed me that they would be closing up within the next year as he is getting too old to carry on.He has some barrel bands there that belong on a friends rifle and he is checking to see if they can make duplicate with his CNC machine.I am to call back later next week.So nothing positive yet.The nose cap is another item I would like to get hold of .Graham
 
Back
Top Bottom