Shipping Ammo

CANPAR ships ammo all the time.(and for at least one of CGN's sponsors)
They consider it for what it is, "consumer commodity"
perfectly legal, no DG paperwork required.
 
I have shipped limited quantities via Purolator. I declare dangerous goods but have not had to deal with special paperwork or extra cost.
 
DHL will also ship dangerous goods though they want the requisite paperwork (relevant if you're shipping non-ORM, 1.4S such as Czech 7.62x39). I've used them for several explosives shipments and found them to be decent.
 
Thx.

Just a FYI re CanPar... I used to work there when in HS long ago. I worked for like one shift (almost one shift). I saw just how pathetic it was and how little everyone cared for parcels. ALL parcels were thrown around, some kicked around on purpose, and many left to fall off the conveyor at the end and pile up on top of each other.

When it came to loading the big trucks from the little ones, that is when boxes were really thrown around. This was the location in Stoney Creek beside Maple Leaf Food between Lake Ave. and Grays Rd off Barton. I just walked off the job, told everyone off involved, and that was that. No supervisor or anything was around, so no one to complain to at the time. Hopefully, things have changed since then, and the prob was limited to those individuals there at that time.
 
(As I do it for a long time : ship with Canada Post and shut up... It is the cheapest way.)
But please do not read this post loudly, do not tell anybody...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom