shipping antiques to U.S.

spencers

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day. I am hoping that someone can provide a nice simple answer to a shipping question. What would be the process in shipping antique revolvers from Canada to the U.S. for auction. These are Civil War manufactured 1860-64. When I have made inquiries in the past I get multiple opinions and warnings but no concise information with respect to the process. If anyone has experience shipping antique revolvers from Canada to the United States I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance.
 
I think the issue has become more complicated in the last 6 months to 1 year. I think you would be wise to ship them to an FFL holder because I believe that for export out of the US, americans are now required to have them verified by an FFL holder, as being antique

cheers mooncoon
 
And, what about pre December 31, 1898 rifles, antique in the US but modern up here? For example, a Winchester 1894 mafnufsctured in 1896, etc.
Matt
 
My personal experience was with RIA a reputable and highly regarded auction house . They have all the brokers and such " inhouse " or on retainer to handle the stuff . Even " semi modern " pre 1946. They had me right down to the point where they advised me " at my own risk " purchase insurance myself otherwise they did at that time not insure received consigned goods . That's when I bugged out . There are a few well established Canadian / US brokers that can facilitate your needs . Thing is it's a toss up whether BATF gets into it about cross border commerce . Lots of fellows I know have had great experiences and others have said it turned into a dog and pony show . Thing is , you are an " alien " . Any screw ups and good luck sorting it out from here and litigating down south . Better off in most cases to seek out advanced Canadian collectors that appreciate the value and sell in house . My .02$ worth at any rate .
 
Back
Top Bottom