Shipping from Track of the Wolf

Flintlocks rifles and muskets from the US are not a problem.

I do not know the case for a cap lock kit ?

The way that I understand it from TOTW any traditional BP firearm even fully assembled is no problem. A kit is not considered a firearm until it is assembled so all the bits just come in the mail. I was told it is the same with BP barrels and locks etc. But not inline actions for some reason. This all has to do with the US export laws only. On the Canadian side if it is an assembled long arm I would expect to be asked for a PAL at some point if it is a percussion, perhaps by customs, not sure. If it's a kit I expect the box would just arrive in the mail.

That's just my take on what I was told, I stand to be corrected.
 
The OP was asking about the shipping cost.

And yes, I have previously considered getting a stock from TOTW but after calculating the shipping (can be done on their website) I scratched the idea and scratch built them myself.

A quick check shows an estimated shipping cost of just on $110 (US) to ship a kit for a longrifle to (me) Eastern Ontario - the cost for "just the stock" is only ten bucks less, so it's definitely based on the dimensions more so then the weight. Add the cost of the kit itself, the crappy exchange and then the taxes that customs is going to tack on and the total cost (right now) in Canuck bucks would be considerable.

I have brought in barrels from Rice, MBS, Charlie Burton and Oregon barrel. Postage for just a barrel runs about $45 USD in a shipping tube.
 
Sorry Charlie I missed that, short attention span I guess.

I have bought parts, pieces and accessories from TOTW over the years, but so far not a kit. I did buy a kit from a Canadian supplier some years ago and figured it out later that I may have done better at TOTW. My guess is that if you purchased all the parts separately the extra shipping cost would kill any small price advantage you hoped to gain. Then TOTW will provide advice up front and machining extras if you required it. The Canadian supplier I dealt with retired and closed up shop and I am unaware of any others in our country at this time. If there is I would like to know about them too. Anyway I hope that you carry through with a build.
 
I'm considering orderin a longrifle kit from Track of the Wolf. My concern is whether, due to the length of a longrifle stock, shipping costs skyrocket.

TOTW is pretty awesome to deal with - Shipping costs etc are a fact these days, though the one thing about packages from the wolf, Canada customs has tagged every single one of the packages I have gotten from them (which is MANY) so expect/anticipate you will be paying duty on all those "Made in USA" parts (free trade my ass!) in addition to shipping and exchange.


another thing I have done in the past when the durty or shipping would be ridiculous is to send items to one of those US postal address places & drive over. Though by the sounds of it you don't look like you are near a US (continental) border :(
 
Another thing you might consider is how they grade their stocks. (I've never bought a stock or blank) taking a peek at the "fancy grade" https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/0/1/STK-BED-14-M4

I don't see any curl at all in there. Not what I would be expecting.

My first flinter, I had bought just the barrel, lock, butt plate & trigger guard then sourced a blank in Canada & made the rest of the parts.
 
Back
Top Bottom