I just acquired a Hopkins and Allen falling block in 38 caliber. Was hoping it would be 38-56, but instead is rimfire. Not too disappointed: they are easy to switch to center fire, and brass is same as .357 (anyone have .357 Maximum brass they don't want?).
What I would ask is, has anyone used gas check bullets (without the check) in lieu of the proper heel base lead for these old girls? In any caliber, not just 38? How did it work?
I plan to order proper molds, but I want to shoot NOW...
Option for this weekend is .375 C&B conicals with full case of 38 Special FF pushed in behind.
What I would ask is, has anyone used gas check bullets (without the check) in lieu of the proper heel base lead for these old girls? In any caliber, not just 38? How did it work?
I plan to order proper molds, but I want to shoot NOW...
Option for this weekend is .375 C&B conicals with full case of 38 Special FF pushed in behind.


















































