Shooting a 'Best English' double rifle

Well, we were shooting it at 100m, just for the fun, and it was going into about six inches. Bearing in mind that the load was nowhere near the designed load, and John was shooting it for the fun of it, it wasn't too shabby - I may have mentioned that he has glass shoulders, hence the low loads.

We can't shoot it at the 50m range because it exceeds the range limitations of 1500 ft lbs by over 800 ft lbs, even ata lowly 1450 fps.

I just enjoyed the experience - shooting any number of $12 cartridges just has to be fun, especially when they belong to somebody else.....

tac
 
I would recommend more powder and less bullet. The original load was 120 grs. with bullet weights varying from 270 to 365 grs. Post some close up pics if the gun if you get a chance. If the recoil is bothering him, get a bath towel, roll it up and place it between the buttplate and shoulder.
 
I would recommend more powder and less bullet. The original load was 120 grs. with bullet weights varying from 270 to 365 grs. Post some close up pics if the gun if you get a chance. If the recoil is bothering him, get a bath towel, roll it up and place it between the buttplate and shoulder.

Well, according to Greener, the loads was between 120 and 150gr of FRP/FFg, all of which is moot, as the owner only shoots paper for fun, not game of any kind, here in UK As for bath towels, there were two already on HIS shoulder! He was shooting those bullets beccause he also has a Sharps, and happened to have a few dozen 500gr bullets left over from the last session - also on Youtube [tac's guns - Sharps]. AFAIK he doesn't have a mould for anything smaller.

Sadly, I can't post images to this site, as it does not seem to be an easy fix, unlike gunboards.com that is a simple select and click away from posting an image - hence my lack of images in my posts so far. I DO have around 55,000 gun-related images, BTW.

Best

tac
 
Thanks, Mooncoon, for the advice about uploading images. Right now I'm not happy starting up another site on which to store my images - most other sites I write on take the image straight out of my own HD and upload them right there and then, rather than use any form of remote image store. It's just a pith that this site is one that doesn't hence my lack of posts with still images or imbedded videos.

tac

PS - you may have noticed that I have an interest in backyard-sized trains, too - my Gauge 1 live-steam Royal Hudson is a frequent performer at other tracks than my own. For those interested in that kind of thing - tac's trains is the one to look at.
 
Thanks, Mooncoon, for the advice about uploading images. Right now I'm not happy starting up another site on which to store my images - most other sites I write on take the image straight out of my own HD and upload them right there and then, rather than use any form of remote image store. It's just a pith that this site is one that doesn't hence my lack of posts with still images or imbedded videos.

tac

PS - you may have noticed that I have an interest in backyard-sized trains, too - my Gauge 1 live-steam Royal Hudson is a frequent performer at other tracks than my own. For those interested in that kind of thing - tac's trains is the one to look at.

In the time you wasted on complaining you could have posted your pictures from photobucket.
 
You are undoubtedly right, but I don't care to send fifty-thousand or so imagees to anybody else's site. Guess I'm just old-fashioned.

tac

That makes perfect sense; I'm sure your images would be much safer posted on this internet site than they would be posted on the photobucket internet website. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom