Hey muzzle meisters, given the laws as they now stand, I have a question.
As antique belly guns are legal without registration, and antique percussion long guns are legal without registration, is an antique percussion or flinter long gun with barrels shorter than 18" legal?
There's a famous guy down south who's written extensively about fur trade era doin's and modern reenacting and the guns that go with them who did a piece a number of years ago on what he called "canoe guns", which basically means really short-barreled trade guns and doubles and such. He does the whole antiquing Indian-inspired rawhide and brass tacks and beads and feathers thing and comes up with some really neat looking stuff.
That's why I'm asking. I'd like to go down to about 12-14" with full length butt.
Thanks.
As antique belly guns are legal without registration, and antique percussion long guns are legal without registration, is an antique percussion or flinter long gun with barrels shorter than 18" legal?
There's a famous guy down south who's written extensively about fur trade era doin's and modern reenacting and the guns that go with them who did a piece a number of years ago on what he called "canoe guns", which basically means really short-barreled trade guns and doubles and such. He does the whole antiquing Indian-inspired rawhide and brass tacks and beads and feathers thing and comes up with some really neat looking stuff.
That's why I'm asking. I'd like to go down to about 12-14" with full length butt.
Thanks.
Last edited:


















































