Short barreled antique handguns

Antiques can have any barrel length and altering barrel lengths (including cutting long guns to less than 18") is acceptable and does not change the antique classification. And before anyone jumps on me for that statement, I do have the letter from the RCMP verifying that information as correct.....
 
Antiques can have any barrel length and altering barrel lengths (including cutting long guns to less than 18") is acceptable and does not change the antique classification. And before anyone jumps on me for that statement, I do have the letter from the RCMP verifying that information as correct.....

You have a RCMP Letter stateing you can cut down Antique long guns to any barrel length ???
 
I emailed the CFC after a debate on here many months ago about whether it would be legal to cut down an antique shotgun (in that case a pinire) to pistol size. General concensus on here was that it would become a prohib. It took several months before I got a response, but the email I recieved clearly states that an altered barrel of any length cannot change an antique to prohib. I printed it off for my records and can scan it and email a copy to you if you'd like.
 
Back
Top Bottom