short range tragetory

fowlie

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
manitoba
Hi All, with a 100 yard zero, what would your aim point be on a short range shot, say 25-50. Just aim dead on?
 
Depends on caliber, bullet weight, velocity, and the height of your scope rings (actually the distance between the center of your barrel and the center of your scope tube).

As a general rule, you would have to aim slightly high - about 1 inch high for an average type rifle at 25 yards. If you have a 223 with a high scope mount you would have to aim about 2 inches high at 25 yards.

Note that is for a 100 yrd zero.
 
should have put in 50 cal mz loader, 100 grains buckhorn 209 250 grain projectile 1 3/8 ( to 1 1/2") from center of barrel to center of scope (TC encore inline)
 
What I commented on was for a conventional type 308 bullet.

I think a 50 cal muzzle loader will be different. From what I have seen most muzzle loaders zero at 150 yards?

50CaliberMuzzleloaderBallistics.jpg
 
The internet is your friend. There are a ton of free programs on the internet or phone app. Just do a google search on ballistic programs. This was just a print out I had saved.
 
Back
Top Bottom