Shot source for smoothbores

Musketfire

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Location
Algoma region
Thats about it as the post title says, I am looking for a new source of shot.

I had a bunch of boxes of these that I got for a pittance a couple years ago, they were great and excellently convenient, well seems they are really expensive now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Daisy-...05&prg=10073&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=330899445739&rt=nc

So Im basically looking for a place where I can get 5- 10 lbs of shot for a low price??? Where do you get your shot? How much do you pay?
 
Ill shoot lead, steel or whatever I can get for a reasonable price. I presently have enough shot /bbs for another 5-6 shots then its only roundball....I like roundball aplenty but the neighbor and I had a lot of fun using the bess as a shotgun last weekend, Is there anything a bess fails to accomplish???
 
.
It is not the best idea to use steel shot in shotguns or muzzle loaders even with the heavier plastic wads. Eventually it will score the inside of the barrel.

See if there is a Gun Club, especially a Trap and Skeet Club near you. The chances are that someone will be reloading their own shells. However, with the higher rising cost of components and the availability of cheaper target shotgun shells, many of the people who did reload now find it easier to buy factory ammunition.

Different sizes of shot are available, and usually come in 25 pound bags, but most stores that sell components usually stock the smaller sizes, such as 7 1/2, 8, and 9 shot..
 
Budget Shooter Supply (site sponsor) sells lead shot. $55 for a 25 lb bag.

Now that sounds great!!

My bess and charle both have immaculate bores and they have been shooting steel with paper patch...Plenty.

Im going to check out Budget shooter supply now!


"Minutes later"


Email to company made, hopefully shipping is not 30$


Thank you!!
 
Last edited:
I don't see how my barrel is in any danger, years of shooting, thousands of shots and my bess is pristine, My smoothbores get ALOT of use, the shot is steel but zinc plated, maybe thats why my bores are still spotless and perfect dispite thousands of shots and years of service?
 
There's a thread over on the oodmag.com site where a member found sand blasting steel media (size between BB & #2 shot) at Princess Auto. 50 lb bag for $39.99.

If this would work it would be cheaper than lead shot.
 
Back
Top Bottom