- Location
- Northern ON
Hi Folks, I thought I'd post this up here and ask a couple of questions.
I bought a muzzleloader shotgun that had an issue with the nipple-seat, so after some long thought, I consulted a machinist on whether or not he could fix it. He milled out the flaw in the nipple-seat, re-threaded it in a larger size, then made an adapter to hold the original nipple. Throw on a bit of loktite and you can barely tell it's been bubba'd.
I'm hoping to get it out this week to try it out with a reduced charge, then build it up and see how it goes!
All in, it cost me a case of beer (instead of the $200-$300 the gunsmith estimated).



I bought a muzzleloader shotgun that had an issue with the nipple-seat, so after some long thought, I consulted a machinist on whether or not he could fix it. He milled out the flaw in the nipple-seat, re-threaded it in a larger size, then made an adapter to hold the original nipple. Throw on a bit of loktite and you can barely tell it's been bubba'd.
I'm hoping to get it out this week to try it out with a reduced charge, then build it up and see how it goes!
All in, it cost me a case of beer (instead of the $200-$300 the gunsmith estimated).





















































