Shotgun shell fell in heating vent

Get a shop vac and get it out of there, see what else you end up sucking into it. I don't know about shotgun shells but if you just drop cartridges into open flames or a lot of heat, they can ignite but it's the casing that will become the projectile. The bullet is too heavy so it stays and the casing goes for a spin, just thought I would toss in some Mythbusters in there :p
 
well i think that you have to get it out now!!!!! what the hell good is a box of 24 shells... seriously tho, you biggest concern may be the fact that you are down a shell....
ill tell you what if i can keep it, i will came over and get it out for you...

tc. lannard
 
There is no way a home or automobile heating track can even carry enough heat to ignite a shell unless it was litterally on fire, and if your worried about a shell being dangerous in such a fire, well it wouldn't. The plastic will melt long before the primer ignites, when it does eventually go off it'll be little more than a loud pop from burning wood.

Throwing .22 shells in the fire is pretty close to tossing a pine bough on a fire. If I was standing near a fire that some #### dropped a targed load in I'd do nothing more than turn my back until it went off, while I'll run like hell it a can of beans is thrown in.

So don't even think about it, unless like me a can't waste a single shell. I'm sure I've ruined my .22 barrel by picking who knows how many shells off the ground and shooting them.
 
Back
Top Bottom