Shotshells safe to shoot??

dstewart949

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So my father handed me a crate of ammo from who knows when. Included were a bunch of 12 gauge shotshells with a blueish green like substance coming from the bottom part of the casing.

My question is, are these safe to shoot?? I have attached a photo (sorry for the crappy camera).

I tried the search but came up with neg results.

Any help would be great.

 
Clean them up and see how corroded the brass is? It may have oxidized to the point where the brass may split when fired, or at least not feed / eject properly.

Not worth wrecking your gun to save a few bucks on ammo.
 
use the macro setting (flower) on the camera. YEs the shells will be fine. Some steel wool will clean them up. Likely from soggy boxes.
 
I'd think twice about using them in any shotty you actually like. I had a wingmaster bolt blow open and throw nasty particulates around, bent the feed ramp straight down, and rang my bell for me from shooting ammo that looked like that! I shot quite a few without incident, used them on gophers, however I now try to salvage what I can from shells that look like that and chuck the rest rather than have that happen twice!
 
Back
Top Bottom