Show us your.....rig:-)

Steppenwolf

Moderator
Moderator
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Show us your home-made or custom gear. Possibles bag/shooting pouch/holster, knives, short-starters, belt/straps, musket tools/vent picks, strike-a-light kits, etc.

I will start, here is my new musket tool, combination vent pick, flint hammer and turn screw.
muskettool.jpg
 
This could be a great thread, so here's another effort to get it up and running. Shown below is some rigs I had for a couple antique S&W top breaks. I've sold the top breaks and the single loop holster. I still have the knife, the sheath, and those great cartridge holders. Now I have an antique Colt, so I gotta get a holster that fits. I still have the Slim Jim holster because I'm hoping a miracle happens and I can get another nice S&W 1st Model Russian.

Leather.jpg
 
Well i bought this bowie knife but i made the leather sheath myself does that count :)
The Blade is 8 inchs long Razor sharp. I just love theses old Bowies



P1010021_10.jpg


P1010016_12.jpg
 
Wow nice rigs guys. Thanks for posting, kirk I never get tired of your photgraphy. Dingus That snake skin inlay is pure class, now you just need a matching holster for the brit colt. (sorry I am dragging on the load info)

OK here is a much more modest set of leather. The shoulder rig is a south paw arrangement of which I can say nothing but good things. You can carry it forever with none of that uncomfortable pants draggin, that hip rigs bring on. Wish I had bought more when I had the chance for 20 bucks!

The tan leather one keeps everything tight and close and is a winner. Yeah I know the snap has got to go. (if who ever I sold the mate to this holster still has it I'd be happy to buy it back)

and finally some old black holster that flops around and for which I have no love but it fits the gun that it carries. \

fieldrig.jpg


stuffforsale006.jpg



stuffforsale003.jpg


stuffforsale005.jpg


stuffforsale010.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hopefully it is not stretching the topic too far but here are a couple of gadgets that have made for working on guns. The first is a broach that I can drive into a round hole and make it square and by driving it a bit further each time, make that hole a perfect fit to the square shaft on the tumbler of the lock. It is made from 3/8" drill rod and is tapered about .060" in either side along its length. The teeth are cut in with a hacksaw then filed to a tooth and the broach is then heated red hot and quenched spinning to prevent warping. They should be drawn to about medium to dark brown. Also you drive it from the inside of the hammer to the outside.

Broachb.jpg


The second gadget is a filing jig for filing a 60 degree angle on the end of a sight when you are fitting it to a sight dovetail. I make my own sights on the milling machine and then fit them to the existing dovetail in the barrel. The vertical slot in the jig keeps the ends of the sight square to its long axis. The jig is not hardened but as long as you are a bit careful it does not get worn away unless you are installing very large number of sights

Filingjigb.jpg


cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom