SIG 226 9mm favorite ammo choices

Mine is a pre-frame rail model made entirely in Germany. It will feed and shoot anything I've ever tried. Super reliability. Factory ammo accuracy is best with cheap old American Eagle 124gr RN-FMJ! It's shot all the major brands and European stuff including nearly every American made high tech LE load. But those damn dirty AE's are it's favourite. Go figure.
 
SIG 226 9mm

They are very reliable and mine has never had a problem with anything. Currently I feed it 147 gr homemade jacketed ammo on 3.8 gr of 231 or HP38.
 
Thanks - had the same question as I just got my 226 in 9mm over the weekend.

I picked up a case of TMJ from SFRC so I guess we shall see how it goes! :D:D:D
 
I had one years ago and it did not like cast bullets, it is the worst pistol I have ever owned for barrel leading, don't know why because the same loads worked fine in all my other 9MM's.
 
The best ammo for a 9mm P226 is Geco, this what they test them with at the factory (in Germany). Thin on the ground in Canada though. I used to use it all the time in my P226s though when I could get it.
 
Last edited:
I had one years ago and it did not like cast bullets, it is the worst pistol I have ever owned for barrel leading, don't know why because the same loads worked fine in all my other 9MM's.

This guy I used to shoot with, moan, moan, moan, my P226 hates cast bullets. Comes up with an ingenious idea, uses .357 diameter bullets instead of .355 to get around the leading problem by creating a tighter fit to the bore. Very accurate.

However leading means lead build-up in the barrel, so one day I'm at the club and this guy is on the range, bang, bang, bang, BOOM. And that was the end of that P226.
 
Back
Top Bottom