Sight for 1893 Marlin

RJA

Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   1
I am trying to find a receiver peep sight to fit a Marlin 1893.There are 2 mounting screw holes that are 7/8 in. on center on the top of the receiver. I have called Williams Gun Sight and they have nothing to fit.I have not been able to find a Lyman that will do the job either.My Marlin book shows that there was an original sight as an option but I have not come across one of them . Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks RJA
 
I they're factory drilled and tapped, they're for a Hepburn receiver sight. I thought I had a website that sells a modern repro bookmarked, but I can't seem to find it.
 
The orignal sight will cost about the same as a rifle.
I sold one years ago for $250.oo, had better find the repo.
This must be a carbine?
 
1893 Marlin

The gun is a 38/55 rifle with a half mag.From what I gather the screw holes are factory done.I could not find a Hepburn site that listed any products but I did send an e-mail to Skinner Sights .They do not list anything for an 1893 but perhaps one could be made.If I have any luck I will post it.
Thanks RJA
 
Back
Top Bottom