Silver Bullet Mystery

Hawkshadow

Regular
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Location
GTA
I found this cartridge in a mix of others and was unable to identify it... Was hoping that you could help.

IMGP1481.jpg

IMGP1477.jpg

Beside 5.56 NATO
IMGP1478.jpg

IMGP1480.jpg


Thanks!
 
its a 6.5 x 55 swed.

That stuff rocks!
I had some in the last 80's I could shoot out past 500yrds. That way before anyone made it here. It was that stuff, Prv Partizan and Norma. Thats all you could get.

It came in a small brown box 25 rounds, with a blue stamp on it, id saying it was imported by International Imports PQ,

I think i still have a box in the basement.
 
silver bullet

Should be cupro nickle. Just one more variety of bullet casing metals. I've seen it on Canadian 303 and others.
 
There were some problems with the cupro-nickle jackets and bore fouling in the early years of use, particularly in the 303 British, but powders and other developments have pretty well eliminated that issue. These 6.5x55 rounds are, in many rifles, astoundingly accurate. Norma also made a large number of softpoint hunting rounds with a jacket that looks similar, but is not. These hunting rounds have a nicely formed mild steel jacket with a generous softpoint exposed, and usually work very well in game at hunting distances. The original 180 grain SP ammo for the 308 Norma Mag used this type of bullet, as did a number of other chamberings. At home right now, as components, I have some of these Norma MS jacketed softpoints in 6.5mm/139; 270/130; 7mm/150; 308/180 & 8mm/196. I have several recovered from game, and all look classic. Regards, Eagleye.
 
Back
Top Bottom