Smith and Wesson New Model 3 with Replacement Barrel Value?

AndrewM

Regular
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Location
Calgary, Alberta
I am looking to purchase an antique revolver. It is a S&W New Model 3 but it has a replacement barrel on it. Replacement barrel is a 44 Russian. Would this be considered an antique or it wouldn't because I couldn't prove what barrel originally came on it?
 
Last edited:
You might have to send the serial number to the S&W historian, and they could tell you the cartridge it chambered when it left the factory.
 
I spoke with a verifier and he said it would be considered an antique. The guy does have a letter from the Cody museum which says it was originally chambered in 44 Russian. Does anyone have a recommendation for a ballpark value on it? Good condition with no major rust and some rifling left. Decent lock up.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom