Smokeless in a Rolling Block Pistol?

YES but not in a 50/70 Dingisized one LOL When I get home I will look it up as they were loading factory smokeless for the 1871 but not the 67.
 
Congrats! Pics please.
and yes I have (Trail Boss )
but I find BP more satisfying. Sort of a Booom and push as appossed to a Baang and snap.
Either way they're a blast.
 
How many grains BP and with what bullet? As this one's got a nice new bore I'm gonna try some sabot loads out of it. I'm figuring about 30 gr FFG with a 300 gr SST in a hornady black sabot....
 
I haven't seen a good mold for a 50 cal bullet in under 390gr. I figured saboted 240 or 300 gr were the lightest thing I had on hand to try in this. I'd actually prefer a good jacketed 50 cal HP if there is anything comercially available.
 
50 Remington (M71 Army) standard load 25 grains FFg
300 grain lead bullet
Cartridges of the world 8th edition
seemed to work fine for me.
 
For 425gr to 515gr (cast - what else?) bullet:

Trail Boss - 7.0-9.0 grs
Unique - 9.0-12.0 grs
SR-4759 - 22.0-25.0 grs
IMR-4198 - 24.0-27.0 grs

All loads are under 18K CUP.
 
it may fly off and hit you in the Head lol... (the part that is silver solder back on)

Its not sodered on its brass Brazed and was done along time ago has stood the test of time.
She has had hunderds of heavy loads thru her with no sign of any movement so i think your fears are unfounded.
 
Waiting for my .515 340 grain bullet mold (56-50 spencer bullet) and proper dies top show now. I figure it ought to be good with about 9 grains of trailboss. Should work just perfect...... :D
 
Back
Top Bottom