Snider .22

Rdrash

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Location
Edmonton area
If I came across a rusted shot out old snider that has been bubbad so there is no collector or history value left how hard would it be to convert into a .22lr. Sleeve the barrel sure but firing pin and extractor might be tricky. Surely its been done. Would be a cool little .22 I'm sure I'm going to piss alot of people off for suggesting this :p
Thanks
 
Sort of a sledgehammer to drive a tack situation.
No reason that it couldn't be done. Maybe you could arrange for the breech block to almost close, to deal with rimfire. I would turn a .22 barrel to fit the original bore, and epoxy it in place.
 
Sounds cool to me if it saves a gun from the scrapheap or the wall hooks.

I'd sure like to see the faces on your fellow shooters when you loaded that teeny round into that HUGE breech, and then fired - 'plit'.

Go for it and hang the expense, tell you wife that I said so.

tac
 
If you turn it into anything smaller than 8.3 mm or .326" it becomes a non restricted loosing antique status. But... If you don't care make it a .32 SW long. Will be awesome rabbit gun and easier to make than .22.
 
Back
Top Bottom