As the title states I'm looking for a little input on reloading snider .577 round ball. I have a 1856 Enfield-Snider MK I with the iron receiver. I am currently shooting round ball that is exactly .58 cal. My supply is almost gone and I am learning to cast my own. The molds I have found seem to be the "Lee .570" but the ball will just drops and rolls down the barrel, some people suggest a .600 round ball mold. I have heard that the .600 cal will work fine I'm worried about the stress on the old rifle. It would be pushed by 60-70grains of 2F black powder.
I have also heard people suggest using 13 grains of green dot smokeless powder but again, cool old rifle I don't want to damage....thoughts...
Thanks for any input.
I have also heard people suggest using 13 grains of green dot smokeless powder but again, cool old rifle I don't want to damage....thoughts...
Thanks for any input.


















































