Staying with a friend who has just showed me a family heirloom, what looks to my forgetful eye to be an early Snider-Enfield. His father used it for deer hunting in the Depression (successfully) but he is getting on and none of his family is interested in it. It is in excellent shape.
I am not - not - selling it for him nor soliciting offers. I did however say I would try to steer him to a source of info on the piece, which I think he will eventually want to sell. Suggestions for a good site would be appreciated. Also, any rough idea of what it might be worth? (Yes, I know that depends on maker, mark, condition, etc - just roughly, please.)
Thanks.
I am not - not - selling it for him nor soliciting offers. I did however say I would try to steer him to a source of info on the piece, which I think he will eventually want to sell. Suggestions for a good site would be appreciated. Also, any rough idea of what it might be worth? (Yes, I know that depends on maker, mark, condition, etc - just roughly, please.)
Thanks.


















































