Snider Enfield Short Rifle Question

David Henry

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Just picked up a Snider Enfield Short Rifle and am looking for a couple of parts to complete it before it goes down the road. Specifically the rear band and the small screw that locks the breech bolt trunion in place. The lock plate on this one is BSA 1872 production and has Dominion of Canada markings. The old rifle has lots of scars so parts don't have to be fancy. Any leads on who might have some parts for these would be appreciated. David.
 
Last edited:
I am have some spare bits IIIRC. Will try and get a pic to see what I have

OK here is what I have....feel free to PM if interested

lRRvWmMl.jpg
 
MC, how considerate of you to take the time to post some pictures, tomorrow I am going to add a little heat to the oil soaked spindle as it wont yield to my light persuasion. I have left the retaining screw alone as the head could easily be upset with to much twist of the screw driver. I will win in the long run, this old timer could still be a shooter as all the parts are there but frozen in light rust. Thanks for everyone's input. Cheers, D.H.
 
Peter Dyson and now his son - are based here in UK, so remember that anything you buy from him will be waaaaaaaaaay higher that getting it at home. Here in UK there is 20% GST and to that, add shipping. I feel aggrieved about the cost of it here in UK, so getting PD to send stuff like a couple of screws/fixings over to Canada could well take all the fun out of it.

Take a look - https://www.peterdyson.co.uk/
 
I took a look through Peter Dysons site and he has a good supply of original and repro stuff, but I can see the shipping etc adding up. I have bought BSA parts out of Birmingham before and an aware of the costs. Many thanks. D.H.
 
I took a look through Peter Dysons site and he has a good supply of original and repro stuff, but I can see the shipping etc adding up. I have bought BSA parts out of Birmingham before and an aware of the costs. Many thanks. D.H.

If I can help you out by getting bits and sending them through ordinary mail rather than commercial minimum package cost international mail, please let me know. We come over most years to see my family in SE Ontario - Northumberland County - but won't be over until late August.
 
For everyone that likes happy endings. I had the good fortune to meet up with A.O. member CMichaud at the Red Deer gun show and he was kind enough to bring the rear band along which is now on the rifle. In the last couple of weeks I have been tinkering on the Snider and have got it all apart and cleaned up with out managing to damage any parts in the process, she looks pretty sharp (from a distance). Regards, D.H.
 
Back
Top Bottom