Snider Enfield

urupak

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I need help to identify a Snider-Enfield don't know wich model.

On the buttstock there is a stamp marked Enfield qith a big 1 under it

I think it may be form the UK because there is a crown in several place

On the lock is marked 827

Can someone help me with this one, no pics for now sorry its a friend of mine who have it. Thanks
 
Hi, I need help to identify a Snider-Enfield don't know wich model.

On the buttstock there is a stamp marked Enfield qith a big 1 under it

I think it may be form the UK because there is a crown in several place

On the lock is marked 827

Can someone help me with this one, no pics for now sorry its a friend of mine who have it. Thanks

all sinder enfields are from the UK some where just sent to differnt countrys the rcmp used them for a long time

most guns that are made in the UK have the crown on them and some canadian made guns too(before 1947)
 
We will need more information. It will have a year on the lock plate....four digits. On the top of the receiver ring there will be a roman numeral, either 1 , 2, or 3 probably followed by an asterisk or two in the case of the 1 or 2. If it is a long rifle with brass furniture it may have a couple of numbers stamped on the butt plate top tang. These denote the military unit it would have been issued to...if it was issued. I have a complate list of those unit numbers for Canada. If it is a two band or "short rifle" it will have iron furniture and any unit marks will usually be on the left side of the butt. I;m afraid that if the lock says 827 that something is wrong. It may have "1857" or "1867" there? The round impression on the right side of the stock gives the manufacturer...Enfield...and the class of arm...#1. Good luck. More detailed info and a photo would be nice.
 
Heres a couple examples of sniders for ya for comparison.

this Is a Canadian 3 bander
sniderbayonet010.jpg


This one is a Portugese cut down one, these are common and usually all grouped into the general designation of -CADET- I cut my reloading/handloading teeth on this one and love it very much!!
sneidercarbine001.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom