Snider firing getting closer :)

Claven2

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
417   0   2
Location
Onterrible
The gun, a MkII** in VG+ condition:

DSCN3037.jpg


DSCN3039.jpg


I finally got my KAL Tool and Die Paradox bullet and cast up some 30-1 alloy into bullets. Dropping at 343gn, 0.592" diameter. Just about perfect.

DSCN3308.jpg


I still have to pan lube and load up the converted 24gauge brass I have. Almost time...
 
That is one heck of a grease groove in those things! Never seen a boolit that looked like that, I'd be interested to hear how it was developed and why it's popular.
 
Sniders shoot pretty high above point of aim if you've never shot it. Most have to either extend the front sight or lower the rear sight, or use a lot of Kentucky elevation.
 
Great looking rifle, the mkII's are my favourite of the snider family, I myself have a mkII* that i'll never get rid of.

Do you fill the groove in those bullets with bees wax/wadding/plug of some sort or leave the gap??

Cheers!
 
i make my own brass outa magtec 28ga shotgun brass. a lot of work but its about the best. you will have to give a range report on how those shoot when you get to it
 
I'm very interested in the results you will be getting. That big grease groove will hold a lot of lube! I especially like the flat base as minnies can give inconsistent results (at least for me...) compared to flat base bullets. Is the 30:1 alloy something the mold manufacturer suggests? You are going to have to put a wad between the powder and filler media. I have a punch (Midland Tools) that cuts a slightly oversize wad that I cut from milk cartons. I have to form the wad so it is in a cup shape in order to place it in the cartridge. I prefer corn meal for a filler but I understand Kapok works well. I just have no idea were to find it....:redface: One other thing. The Magteck brass is meant to be loaded with large pistol primers. Sorry if I'm repeating things you already know.
 
KAL Tool and Die here in Canada makes this mould - it's very popular internationally.

Claven,

You got a update? I am curious how these KAL boolits of yours shoot. Most people seem to be feeding their sniders round ball. I am waiting to get my snider into action. I have everything I need but the boolits which are a bit hard to source so apparently have to start casting my own. I am currently looking for a suitable mould.

M.
 
They remind me in a way of the ones I use mine are like a giant 45acp bullet .590 diameter here is a pic of a few recovered ones . I'm would like to try those giant pellets to .
PC060164.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom