antiqueguy
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- windsor ontario
has anyone built or have one here in Canada I have a mk2 star action sitting around that was going to get a trade gun barrel but seeing the pistols around some nice some not so nice gave me an idea.
the idea would be to have a .577 snider cartridge pistol with around a 12" barrel sort of like a single shot howdah pistol something that can be toted around in the woods while hunting and used as a backup if needed
.
id think a smoothbore barrel would be ok for round ball and birdshot(pesky squirrels).
chances are this project will be on the back burner for a long time and my mind will probably change by then as I've been waiting till I get a lathe and some practice to play with this but its one of the ideas my mind came up with one I couldn't sleep one night after seeing the one IMA had(and I wish I bought
).
the idea would be to have a .577 snider cartridge pistol with around a 12" barrel sort of like a single shot howdah pistol something that can be toted around in the woods while hunting and used as a backup if needed
.id think a smoothbore barrel would be ok for round ball and birdshot(pesky squirrels).
chances are this project will be on the back burner for a long time and my mind will probably change by then as I've been waiting till I get a lathe and some practice to play with this but its one of the ideas my mind came up with one I couldn't sleep one night after seeing the one IMA had(and I wish I bought
Last edited:




















































