snider with plastic hulls

glycerin

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Location
sudbury
I've heard that cheddite hulls burn thru? with black powder. Can I slow that down with a paper hull liner or hull base wad, use 1F instead of 2F? Biloxir gave good delivery to ON, 7 calendar days.
 
i use plastic hulls for my BP shotgun. i reload and get 3 or 4 reloads from each. then they get tossed. load a few, shoot them see what they look like. chances are you`ll be shooting a whole lot more than the guy looking for originals to reload. a paper liner might be a good idea. ill have to try it.
 
Do u use 1 or 2f, or equivalent pyro? USA used a card or cardboard case liner to reduce BP load in 45-70 carbine, I suspect a waxed kraft paper might work.
 
I`ve not gotten out shooting my shotgun lately, and as such have not reloaded anything. crappy to hear about the cheddite hulls burning, that would be discouraging. maybe the Snider creates more pressure and holds the heat in there longer, I don`t know...most od my hulls come from other people who don't reload. after I use them with BP or substitutes, the inside of the hull is rough, and gets rougher on the next reload and by the third or fourth I might get pinholes or looks like pinholes so I toss them. usually pretty dodgy by then and I have thousands so I don`t really worry about it too much. if I had to buy them, different story I guess
 
Back
Top Bottom