My wife is taking her PAL/RPAL this weekend and during the unrestricted portion the instructor discusses Black Powder arms. During the discussion he states that one should never store BP in tin containers due to the natural "separation" of the powder components with age. Glycerine will leach out of the powder with age and rust the tin (or so he claims).
My understanding is that the salts contained in the powder make it hygroscopic (drawing ambient moisture from the air) that can promote rusting, but I've never heard of glycerine leaching/separating from powder...your thoughts please.
BTW, my wife scored 196 points out of a potential 200 on her PAL today. Tomorrow is her RPAL.
My understanding is that the salts contained in the powder make it hygroscopic (drawing ambient moisture from the air) that can promote rusting, but I've never heard of glycerine leaching/separating from powder...your thoughts please.
BTW, my wife scored 196 points out of a potential 200 on her PAL today. Tomorrow is her RPAL.




























guys. Sounded sketchy to me. Update on the missus, she now has her RPAL 194 points out of 200. She would like to point out that on the practical exams for both long guns and hand guns she was flawless. {my gawd, I think I may have created a monster!?}





















